We have an easy recipe for delicious and healthy banana oatmeal breakfast for a morning bite that will help start your day off right.
We need to start our day with energy which comes from good carbs, fiber and protein.
The oatmeal in this recipe supply the healthy fiber which helps lower cholesterol, bananas which are the best source for resistant starch will help you feel full longer, almond butter and soy milk will provide the protein, unsweetened apple sauce is also a good source of fiber and vitamin C. You can prepare 24 bites in less than 15 minutes and eat them throughout your week. Did we mention it is vegan friendly?
Healthy Breakfast Recipe: Banana Oatmeal Bites (Vegan)
Easy recipe for a delicious and healthy banana oatmeal breakfast.
Pair with blueberries and strawberries which are great sources of antioxidants, such as Vitamin C, along with many more health benefits.
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup almond butter we used crunchy
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened soy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a spoon until smooth. Mix in the almond butter, applesauce, soy milk, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, mix the flour, oats, and cinnamon. Pour these dry ingredients into the large bowl, and mix together.
- Drop spoonfuls onto an non-greased baking sheet, and bake for 10-12 minutes or until slightly brown.