Tribe Magazine is a collaborative online publication where moms share insightful, humorous, and inspiring thoughts about motherhood. This is not a parenting site. Rather, a space for moms to visit, read, and leave feeling encouraged and understood — kinda like hanging out with the best Mom Tribe ever!
**We are taking a break for the summer and will not be accepting new submissions starting May 23, 2017 through August 31, 2017. Please check back in September.**
We’re currently seeking essays covering all aspects of motherhood. Make us laugh or cry, but most importantly, make us feel and relate to your words as mothers.
We love stories that articulate some sort of journey or transformation, a unique perspective, or a regular “mom life” occurrence used as a realized metaphor for a broader topic.
We can’t resist brilliant writing and fresh ideas.
We pay $25 for each original piece.
We will regularly offer mini-essay writer round-ups where we’ll choose 10-15 short snippets of writing (300 words max) to include in one themed piece. Check back regularly for updated themes.
We’re looking for short, powerful snippets of writing that shake the mama soul.
- Word Max: 300
- The writers selected will receive:
- Author bios and links back to your blog/website/social channels included in the article
- A couple cups of coffee on us! ($10 via Paypal)
Please send submissions to Kristin@thetribemagazine.com with “Mini Essay Submission” in the subject line. Attach your mini-essay and short bio with blog and social links and a photo that you think might compliment your words.
Our Pay Structure:
$25 for each original, full-length essay.
$5 – $10 per mini-essay (check each theme for exact compensation).
We do not pay for previously published pieces, including those posted on your personal blog, but we are open to sharing them on our platform if it’s the right fit.
Terms and Conditions:
By submitting your content to Tribe Magazine, you understand and agree to the following:
- Tribe Magazine has the right to decide which articles to publish and/or pay. We are seeking well-written pieces that blend with Tribe’s overall voice and tone.
- Only original content will be eligible for payment.
- By publishing your original work, Tribe Magazine does not infringe on the intellectual property of any other party.
- We will run previously published articles but those are not eligible for payment. We will include a link to the original source where the article first appeared.
- If your content has been previously published, you warrant that Tribe Magazine has rights to reuse the content.
- With each published article on Tribe Magazine, we will include your bio and links back to your website/blog and social channels.
- By submitting your article, you are verifying that Tribe Magazine has the right to publish this submission on all of our media platforms.
- If Tribe Magazine pays you for your original content, it may not be published elsewhere for 90 days, except on your own blog/website with a link back to the original article on Tribe Magazine.
- If your article is selected for publication, we will contact you within 2 weeks to discuss next steps.
- We do accept simultaneous submissions.
- Restrictions may apply.
How to Submit:
Please email Kristin@thetribemagazine.com with the subject line: “Essay Submission: Title of Piece” or “Mini-Essay: Title of Piece” and attach the completed article for submission as a word document along with your bio (with clickable links to your own blog/site and social channels). Please note in the body of the email if this is a previously published piece or an original piece that is eligible for payment.
We will do some light editing, but please send final work, ready for publishing. If you have a photo that you think compliments your words, please include it with the appropriate photo credits.
Please allow up to 10 days for a response. We do our best to respond to each submission, but if you do not hear back from us within 10 days, please feel free to submit your piece elsewhere.
We re-post Instagram posts daily to our 17K+ community of moms. Please tag your photos/captions #everythingtribe for consideration.